Sunday 29 July 2012

Changes ahead

I just realised that this week it will be exactly 3 years since I started working on The Sewing Directory!  I didn't launch until March 2010 but it took me 8 months of groundwork to get to the point of launch, I offically registered as self employed on the 1st of August 2009.

I also realised that in the last 3 years I have worked every single day, even if just for an hour or so, I never take time completely away from the site.  So I've decided it's time for a few changes, I'm doing a complete review of the site and my working processes to try and figure out how I can cut back on how much I work but make the site even better and give you more of what you want.

There are several ideas I working through at the moment including a spin off site focusing purely on sewing workshops, arranging some Sewing Directory meet ups throughout the country so we can introduce a more social element, but I would really love to have your feedback as to what you want more or less of from The Sewing Directory. 

I've set up a short survey here which only takes a few minutes to help me decide how to change the site for the better.  Please do take the time to give me your input. 

If you don't want to fill out the survey for any reason feel free to give me your feedback in the comments below.   What would you like more of?  What you would like to see that we don't already do?  What are you not bothered about and wouldn't mind if we stopped doing it?

Just to help you out I've listed some of the things we currently do below:

*Projects                                      *Details of new fabric collections
*Reviews - kits & books                * Details of upcoming workshops
*Industry news                             * Details of fabric sales and offers
*Competitions                              *Interviews with designers/authors/crafters
*Events diary                               * Regular social media updates
*Craft business guides                  *Sewing technique guides


3 comments:

Liz DandeliondD said...

Your hard work has really paid off. Thanks so much for such a great resource.

Bossymamma said...

Thank you for all your hard work. I'm often to be found on your site - it's so useful.

The Sewing Directory said...

Thank you both I'm glad you enjoy the site. I hope to make it even better in the future, but hopefully find a way to have the occasional day off too ;-)

Blogging tips