I soon decided I wasn't going to make all 100 blocks in the book as some are very fiddly and involve lots of fabrics and pieces (and I hate cutting!) so I've been making the blocks in pairs. Today I did a count up and layout on my bed to see if I was close to having enough to make a quilt...
I'm only 2 blocks away (represented with white pieces of paper for now). I decided I'm going to go for a random layout so spent hours playing around with this giant jigsa puzzle trying to make sure I didn't have any similar blocks or colours too close together.
This is going to be my final layout, I just need to finish the last 2 blocks (which will be red and yellow) and then I can start joining them in rows. I managed to get some turquoise Sketch fabric for half price in the sale at Weaver Dee so I plan to use that for the borders and maybe the backing too if there's enough left.
Their sale is still on if you fancy a bargain, use code DIRECTORY10 for an extra 10% off :)
Hopefully my next post will be showing the finished top. I'd really like to have this finished by the end of the summer ready to use in the autumn. Then I ought to finish my son's quilt which I started a year ago... whoops!