Tuesday 26 March 2013

52 books update

I thought given that we are almost at the end of the first quarter of 2013 (already!) I should do an update on my 52 books challenge.

I was up to date a couple weeks ago having read 10 books in 10 weeks but unfortunetly the last couple weeks have been really busy so I haven't gotten any further than that.  However, start of March I read 2 books in 3 days so hopefully if I can have another weekend like that, maybe over Easter, I'll be back up to date again.

The first book I picked Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall I really struggled to get on with, I persisted through a couple hundred pages hoping it would get easier to read but ended up giving up.  Which was annoying as I could have read a different book in that time. 

I think my favourite so far has to be The Racketeer by John Grisham.  I couldn't put that one down!  I also enjoyed Life Of Pi, bit of a slow starter but got really into it once it got going.  I have definitely managed more books this year than I did this time last year so this challenege is making me read more. 

How is everyone else getting on?  Has anyone managed to keep up to date and read 12? 

You can check out the list of books I've read so far here: http://www.thesewingdirectory.blogspot.co.uk/p/52-books-in-52-weeks.html


No comments:

Blogging tips